10 March 2011

turn on

my turn-on's include molotov cocktails, long walks on the beach, & people who don't litter


The concept of turn-on's stirs up myriad responses and yanks at the repressive strands of my youth. Our culture has always been lost somewhere between the Meese Commission and Mary Carey for governor or Janet Jackson's unadorned tit and Hooters family restaurants. We've clearly all got our proclivities. Some choose to advertise and others are simply in denial.

As someone so far from prudish, the inclusion of anything remotely sexual in this blog is still a completely new prospect. I know there's a whole different person behind these words than the one who started to write five years ago. Over time, I have found within myself a man far more comfortable with many more facets of himself than ever before. I'm not saying that I am about to adjust this blog's settings to block youthful eyes, but I also wouldn't neglect the idea of starting such a page either.

So, what turns you on?

It's one of the seven questions all of the great (and tepid & bland) actors have been asked on Inside the Actors Studio. I don't believe Hugh Grant said hookers in parked cars nor do I recall Gwyneth Paltrow answer the sound of my own British accent, but then again candid honesty is sometimes in short supply.

For someone who has spent so much time behind the scenes, behind the camera, and quietly observing from a distance, it should come as no surprise that I am full of voyeuristic intent. Perhaps sociologically and maybe for entirely perverse reasons I adore things like the blog, 25 Things About My Sexuality. And I love seventies music with its sauntering rhythms that subtly eke out sexuality, signifying round asses in hot pants and sexual freedoms. But turn-on's comes in loads of shapes and sizes. What are those things that wake you up in the morning or disallow you from sleeping at night? They can be your kinks, or merely your passions and pleasures.

A lot of times it's those things we do in secret or what we choose to do when we have a few minutes to spare. I remember as a kid hiding underneath my blankets with a flashlight so I could hustle my way through yet another book. Lately I've been writing more than I have in years, resurrecting long forgotten stories and obviously keeping up with this page a hell of a lot better. I feel totally inspired, turned-on, and my soul's valves feel fully open.

So, what does it for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment