01 March 2011

i alone

self

definition of one's identity, character, abilities, and attitudes, especially in relation to persons or things outside oneself or itself.


Even though I have often considered myself a photographer, my blog has always been focused on the words. Found and supplied images have always been there to support the words. I have begun to gain pleasure from posting the reverse. The original root of the sixth item on the '30 Day Challenge' list was 'A picture of you being yourself'. At first glance it would seem like a very straightforward task: point camera at self and post. Time and experience have shown that our personal compasses are quick to lose their magnetic north.


I am more than how I look on paper.


I am more than the contents of my wallet.
I am more than what's represented by these 200GBs of memory.


I am more than the man I am when I'm in my element, carving art and design from a place there was none before.

I am no single idea or image.

I am all of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment