29 March 2011

entre nous

a song that makes you think of your loved one


Your flirt finds me out
Teases the crack in me
Smittens me with hope


In states of intense love, you see yourself and your lover in everything. Your union starts to feel more attached to the fabric of the world. True, there's selfishness and a bit of an ego trip to the whole matter, but it also guides us into concepts of synchronicity and feelings of connection and constant presence in the current moment and time frame. The positives outweigh the negative connotations as the relationship finds its natural ebb and flow.

The orbit between me and my girlfriend began like something out of a charming little independent film, like a dance of gravitational pull steadily in the direction of one another. We have been grazing past one another's lives for years. Our earliest, more direct interactions were in slight but memorable passing. Every instance drew us closer until we found ourselves in surprisingly easily flowing conversation, impressively heard clearly over the pulsating bass of a local favorite club.

I was captivated by this woman from the start. I had never met anyone like her before, and found myself growing more and more curious. I inadvertently interfered in the rebound situation she had with an acquaintance of mine, but I somehow knew that this dude was completely missing the boat on what made her tick. My first impressions were of her beauty, her poise, and her contradictory complexities.

We were both coming out of long-term marriages. The hesitation in our voices and our actions was palpable, but as the hours and the days and the weeks passed underneath our feet it was becoming abundantly clear. Our rapport was too natural, our passion too intense, our ease with everyday things too striking, and our understanding of one another too swiftly gotten to ignore and continue to fight against. We fell hard, but let time break our fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment