25 March 2011

ramble on

More times than not, what have you been doing when you find yourself apologizing to others?

Perhaps, it's more than one thing. Maybe you spend your whole day going through a series of justifications. I think we all do it one way or another. I say, quit it!

I have been known to apologize after getting more than a couple words in edgewise - a few sentences, maybe - as if I were interrupting the general flow of life and inconveniencing those within the sound of my voice. So many words instead spoken under my breath. Thankfully much of that is behind me.

Why must we apologize for our opinion, our perspective, our sense of humor, and so many other things? Either people are too easily offended, affronted, or sensitive or they are too quick to make apologies for their own existence.

Sorry, but life is much too short for that. Be who and what you are unapologetically, or don't bother living at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment