20 October 2007

third eye

Over the years, I have spent some time burrowing myself within the comfort of my home. In essence, I'll sit there waiting for something to happen, for opportunity to knock, for life to call me up for a date. Instead what's really happening is that it's all getting farther and farther away due to my low level of participation in it.

Now there's a point when every day feels indiscernible from the last. Eating starts to feel like a chore, but snacking begins to feel like the day's high point. Predictability and routine dig in deep, gouging away at the capacity to enjoy anything. I start to have noticeable patterns as I drive to those same boring places again and again. The turn signal is hit at the same time, each time. I keep getting caught at the same traffic lights. Conversations start to exhibit the same structure they always do. My contribution to them is solely response. And the bills just keep coming, dwindling away the funds, preventing any change to the status quo.



But I've had enough!

So, I'm starting over, cleaning my slate, turning over a new leaf, turning a new corner, or otherwise starting anew. Turn up the amps, because my transitional montage sequence has begun.

2 comments:

  1. Whoo Hoo!!! Sound the trumpets!
    Will there be another trip to IKEA involved? God, I wish I had an IKEA here. Anyway, I would've read this sooner but I was busy sleeping 'til 1pm to block out as much of my own monotonous existence as possible.

    Sleep is so fucking great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the closest IKEA opens up in about three weeks ...

    oh, yes, I'll be there, though ...

    pounding down their door.

    ReplyDelete