19 October 2007

first taste



The piggy bank ran dry this week.

This is not unfamiliar territory. My life is often a precarious situation. Leaning over the edge of nothingness reminds you what really matters.

This couldn't have happened at a more appropriate time. I tend to go through cycles of inspiration and disillusionment, enthusiasm and depression, and insomnia and exhaustion. For some time I've been caught in first gear, splashing up wet mud, watching as my dreams disappeared over the horizon ...

3 comments:

  1. I'm so ecstatic to see you here, blogging away. I know it feels incredibly self-indulgent and egotistical at first but hey...take it from me...you'll learn to love that shit! =)

    Seriously, as the cheesy Chelsea Handler game show says, Thank God You're Here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second it, brother.

    Welcome to the blogging world. It's as self-indulgent as masturbation - and just think about how good THAT is for our health!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you both for those encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete