23 October 2007

scratching backs


My head is pounding!

The cooler weather that beckoned me at my office window has disappeared. The heat has returned and here I sit in the warmest room in the house. A thick comforter covers the window, hanging there like a stark reminder of continually making due, as it blocks out the sunlight and a bit of the warmth.

I'm still imbedded in that other guy's movie script. I'll be meeting up with the producer someday soon, although we've already had a scheduling conflict, since I'll be shooting some footage for a documentary on Thursday. I am beginning to dread our meeting, somewhat wanting to quit this project altogether.

Add in a dash of creepy coincidence for October 23, 2007:

"See if you can find a new way to keep yourself focused, because it's just way too easy for you to get sidetracked today. It's a good time for letting go of the projects that don't enthuse you all that much."

I'd like to think I'm one of those people who can equally see the forest and the trees. I have been trying to figure out ways to offer a few simple points of constructive criticism, and leave it at that, but my job on the movie requires that I over-familiarize myself with the material. I don't want to sound smug, but that prospect is really paining me.

I have no interest in insulting a fellow scribe, but I also don't want to mislead them with false positives. Everything is so competitive and two-faced in this business, but I should hope in the small town, indie context I should be able to share my opinions without fear of reprisal or (dare I say) firing.

3 comments:

  1. Gee, how do you expect me to keep myself humble when you say such crazy things?

    However, you did say "eternal", so I will just assume that I will always be left wanting. Now, that's good & humbling.

    Thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do keep us posted.

    There's a part of me that wants to say "give 'em hell!!" But then, there's bread to buy. I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the understanding & encouragement!

    ReplyDelete