21 October 2007

aged verses

Recent posts by my friend "Pallid" got me thinking about dusting off some of my old poetry, which I used to scribble down with some frequency. My early love of music got me writing the lyrics to bad unrequited love songs during grade school, then I moved on to the middle school protest phase when I started to see a world outside my own, and high school was likely my most furtive and stream of consciousness period. One of my girlfriends at the time was a brilliant, young poet well-deserving to be published, and quite an inspiration.

So, without further ado, I will begin with the origin of my on-line handle:


static eclecticism (november '98)

brightly
lit
room
of
frozen
energy
flowing into
a discourse
of unrequited
presence

peering through
jar lidded
slightly subtle
balls of crumbling
humored
essence

spent
righteous arms
of a babbling, babbling
rumbling
dot (.)


Even though it may seem like a lot of jibberish, it actually is a statement on something specific, but I will leave it open to interpretation.

5 comments:

  1. :-) Aw, shucks.

    young girl rhythm
    bursts free
    from the marble woman
    one short breath in
    and air dazzles out
    her breast is a brilliant flower
    how healing this blossom season

    4/04

    ReplyDelete
  2. what dance
    rises to burst
    like a magic rain cloud
    please do not ask
    wet and open
    we come look through that window
    I can say I don't desire that
    but time will speak
    those wild nights
    are tinged with yearning
    for I wake free
    yet whisper for you

    5/02

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was all magnetic poetry.

    Boo yah!

    Glad to see you're resonating with your horoscope. It's a good sign.

    ;-)

    Get it? SIGN!

    Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss your magnetic poetry.

    Our fridge front is BORING.

    ReplyDelete