21 October 2007

premature emo

emotional detachment (november 1, 1994)

feelings concealed - hidden from the world's eyesight
wind rushes outside like the start of a cold, winter storm
inside things are not much different, but more like autumn
i feel cold inside - cold & wanting - but i shall not say.

people don't really care as they once did ...
the walls come caving in - my heart collapsed
my feelings tumble down & become scarcely seen
am i free of the burden or left all alone?

now that my emotions have left & i am alone,
i must wait -
waiting for patience as my feelings once had ...

so here i sit, washing my faith with dishonesty -
dishonesty to myself.



Sure, the writing is a bit clunky and self-important, but it is a reminder of life when everyone else held the strings.

2 comments:

  1. Aw. This sounds...like you, only younger. Glad you're in a different place now. Yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes ... I believe that's part of the origins of this here blog. It's a good reminder of how far I've come, but I still want to live life more untethered.

    ReplyDelete