19 June 2008

happy archivist


I have just gotten around to transporting all of the old blogs from the other site over to here. I feel like a record label milking an unproductive artist's back catalog for all it's worth. Whatever the case, it allows this page to paint a much broader picture.

This was partly inspired by joining another networking site within the past couple days. The friend sites haven't exactly proven fruitful for my career, but one more equipped for professional networking was recently recommended to me. I decided to check it out, so I've started to build a page there.

As idealistic as it sounds, I live by the notion that the true measure of a person is not their list of accomplishments represented by a résumé, but truly who they are as an individual. So, I find myself in a quandary.

The more time I spend on that site, constructing what feels like the picture of the ever evolving job application, I wonder whether or not I would like to bridge the gap between that page and this one by posting a link. On the one hand, this page feels somewhat representative of my writing ability. On the other, I must consider all of the varied personal information I weave into it that makes removing the veil of anonymity a bit disconcerting.

2 comments:

  1. It's a quandary, fo sho.
    I've often wished I could link to my blog on my "online portfolio," but I've got way too much "fuck" going on.

    Literarily speaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stevie: you've got an online portfolio? I'd love to see that! and what could be more metal than too much fuck going on then perhaps stonehenge?

    ReplyDelete