20 September 2011

my tribe

This play has been my most harrowing undertaking yet. In some ways I attribute this to the material, and how the core themes and meaning of a show bleeds heavily onto the flow of production. Things are far beyond gloves merely coming out. This one has tested ideals such as loyalty and conviction, and pitted us against them in an all out battle of wills. I have seen Darwinian truths as illness, innate inadequacies, and other intrusions have left an inordinately small collective of villagers building the camp. I have found myself harshly protective of my family and quick to question the motives of outsiders. In three days this season long gruesome trek of a show will hit the oasis, lap up laughter, applause, and cringes from what we can hope will be a welcoming band of foreign villagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment