08 September 2011

get fierce.

It could be said that I choose physically and emotionally draining productions to present to an audience. None of the plays I have directed nor any of the scripts I have written or developed have been walks in the proverbial park. Much like the material I find myself drawn to, I am challenging. I realize this. I present others with challenges and hurdles whether through allowing others the chance to find a canvas to stretch their own art or by my often esoteric, dry wit that has been known to bypass some folks altogether. I hold expectations high but attainable above myself and others. I question the authority of others and I attempt to lead by strong example. As opening night on the new show draws near, I find again the recognizable motif of every production I have ever managed: I have around me a very different cast of characters than I had at the start. As the echoing dramas continue to bounce across my show, I can reasonably attest to those who might want to join up in the future, if you're looking for an easy ride, you'll need to look elsewhere.

1 comment:

  1. If you were a rollercoaster, my love, you would be a combination launched, inverted, flying, suspended, spinning, twisted, diving machine, chain lift, steel and wood ride......one i would gladly buy forever tickets to.

    ReplyDelete