04 September 2011

final countdown.

As I sent out the emails requesting information from my cast and crew for their playbill bios, it really hit me just how few people are really involved in this production. The unprofessional disappearance of my former set designer left a gaping hole that I have been working tirelessly to fill over the past several days. The Labor Day holiday weekend has conflicted with not only my rehearsal schedule, but also my efforts to have my street team hitting the pavement with posters. The town is not painted heavily enough with our striking posters for my liking. I am ridiculously over-extended with my hands far too deep into nearly every aspect as opposed to overseeing the work of others, allowing me to then focus my attention on the right things.

Last week I looked to a few of the board members at the theatre for support, only to be knocked back with attitude and defensiveness. I loathe the feeling that I am more alone with more people in the proverbial room than I have on past productions. There are more rules and regulations, but with that comes more egos and ever more drama. The regime that have taken over the theatre, though leaking good intentions, are wrong to make such knee-jerk judgments of me just because of their bad experience with a now banned director. I come armed with my own bag of tricks, and a decent reputation. I am glad to know just who I can depend on, but I am sad to see that it's not this recently assembled board. If this is the way of it then I am not sure that I wish to bring my talents to another production there.

No comments:

Post a Comment