17 February 2011

60/40 hindsight

Domesticated cats have a tendency toward doing things far more likened to their kitten counterparts. Supposedly this is because they are made domestic at such a young age and have no ability to develop the instinctual independence they would naturally find in the wild.

I have come to realize similar things about my marriage, now three months dissolved. It began at a premature age and would therefore always be limited by many parameters that caged it early on, despite growth in the individuals in it as well as any efforts made to fight against it. Lately I have been weeding through many old pictures. At times I barely recognize myself, so often hunched over and ill-fitting into even environs with high ceilings or no ceiling at all.

Cats are notoriously good at getting into cleverly tight spots, but aren't quite as deft at getting themselves back out. I feel there's something to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment