30 September 2006

weather report

previously published by me elsewhere:

There's a calendar on the kitchen wall, in my checkbook, within the bowels of my planner, at the bottom of the screen on several cable channels, on every major search engine page on-line, and in any number of other places, yet October still seemed to have snuck up on me.


Even though we don't get the full-on experience of the four seasons in North Florida, October has long been a favorite month for me. There's something in the air. It's called a cool breeze, but for me there's more to it. The A/C starts to get turned off, the windows and sliding glass doors begin staying open much of the time and my spirit tends to breathe with far more clarity.

I am frequently at my most productive around this part of the year with the rest of the world essentially flowing through the open windows across the entire house. I know some people look forward to their birthday, Christmas, New Year's, or something else all year long, as they drudge through everything in between. For me it's that period we're edging toward as October begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment