15 September 2006

hairline fracture

previously published by me elsewhere:

In the past I've been given conflicting reports about some of the weaknesses in my character. I've been called impulsive and I've been referred to as overly hesitant in reference to the same sort of issues.

Truthfully I don't think there's any real consensus about what part of my personality causes the most ripples in my life. In a manner of speaking, I suppose I pre-navigate my own impulsiveness, and therefore only occasionally do significant things occur due to my pseudo-moderation in judgment.

My sister-in-law is in her mid-twenties, and seems to have found a workable way to take life by the horns with an exceedingly devil may care attitude with few or no negative consequences. It's perplexing at worst and admirable at best.

She has legally owned a hair salon in town for nearly six weeks, and has officially been relocated here for about two weeks. For someone so unfamiliar with planning, she's amazingly forward thinking and driven about the whole manner. She's got this frontier attitude about the hair business that includes thoughts of franchises and a complete overhaul of her shop. She came over tonight to get some input on some advertising ideas.

She's bought herself a real fixer-upper place with a cast of characters that fall together like something out of NBC's struggling line-up. She's the tattooed, young, attractive, modern stylist from South Florida, and they're God fearing, jaded, leathery, gray-haired men who look like something out of a police line-up.
Laughs should ensue immediately, right?


The truth is I very much want to see it all work for her, unlike the way I could feel about someone else trying to succeed in the film business.

Even though I don't feel I've gotten to many of the places I think I've truly worked towards, I don't really have that step on someone else's back attitude
I unflinchingly associate with Hollywood. Honestly I've worked through a lot more jealous rage in my past that has occurred as I have seen much weaker artists than myself "make it happen" just because they are more impulsive or less hesitant than I.

No comments:

Post a Comment