11 November 2011

rust settles

“Rhythm is the basis of life, not steady forward progress. The forces of creation, destruction, and preservation have a whirling, dynamic interaction.”
- Kabbalah (translated)



I have rarely been the sort of chap who accepts things point blank. The standard, the ritualized, the status quo, the accepted all suggest something boring, plain, worn, and wanting to me. I have been known to direct the action, change the rules, or aim my eye for detail toward unforeseen improvements.

Ever since I was a toddler I've had a fascination with construction sites. Though they may have been the requisite boy gift, not surprisingly I grew up on Tonka trucks. These comparatively massive sturdy toys were far more tangible than their contemporary counterparts. I enjoy having grown up on toys and with experiences that threatened or caused injury. The world can be a dangerous place and I think scars create character and daring can be in support of backbone.


Perception allows us the chance to try on so many other pairs of eyes. If you open yourself to it, there's a veritable Sears optical department worth of opportunities to let your soul become reborn. Over time I have discovered that life is usually under construction, which is a mighty beautiful thing. Much like the dramatic moment when the bats fly out of the dank house in a classic scary movie, I look about and find myself so frakkin' inspired. In truth there's no wrangling it, there's no honing it, there's only breathing it in and flowing with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment