22 July 2008

take two


I've been here before.

I was six years younger and several shades greener, but this is hardly unfamiliar.

With the dissolution of that short film and the late-summer feature, the opportunity presented itself. It's time to seriously look for investors for a feature film - again. I had the first meeting with my producing partner yesterday.

The upward climb starts now.

When I tried this the last time, everything was riding on this for my business partner and me. He needed a financial miracle and I yearned to dive into the deep end of the industry. As the years have passed I've discovered that nothing is the all meaningful "IT". I've come to realize that IT is what you get when you put everything together. IT is always being created. This was a hard lesson to learn.

Here we go again.


4 comments:

  1. Exciting stuff, my friend!!!! I can't wait to see what happens with this. Not that it's an "IT," mind you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the battle is in putting yourself out there. you've done it. congrats. The world is lucky to have your creative gift.

    i.e. - YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete