23 June 2006

hand shake

previously published by me elsewhere:

One day you wake up and everything around you reeks of adulthood.

Coffee consumption has increased tenfold, frivolous cash spending is overtaken by pinching pennies for gas, phrases like "make it an early night" become more frequent, everything on that VH-1 "I Love Toys" show is merely nostalgia, and what you're going to be when you grow up is roughly what you are now.

By no means is this something that just occurred to me upon stumbling out of bed today, however there's one thing about inching myself toward committing to adulthood that has caught me a little off-guard.

Last night while driving home from the set I realized that most of my greetings and farewells with people these days are done by hand shake. When does something like that become commonplace without resistance?

No comments:

Post a Comment