12 June 2011

invisible man.

Twenty days have passed since my last post. This is an especially long time, given the frequency of my writing over the past six months. It has been an exhaustive stretch of time, over the course of which I have been doing my damnedest to keep ahead of the proverbial eight ball.


The demands of working at a corporate business that is open seven days a week and continues to add obtuse requirements to every customer interaction and is quick to put jobs on the line can put its strain upon anyone's shoulders. Add in the desperately under-staffed aspect that has become the condition of the last five weeks at my location and it's no wonder one day is hard to distinguish from the next.

Toss in zero recognition for all of the ways I have helped to keep things together during this Lord of the Flies period while our figurehead and accidental pseudo-manager (think President Laura Roslin in Battlestar Galactica) has stumbled through operational bits and bauble with his usual blinders on. I have seen the numbers. I know that I have been doing far more than my share of the work with no notice.

It's enough to wear a guy down.

No comments:

Post a Comment